- World Records
- Full list of Australia and New Zealand records
- Census, Land & Survey Records
Records in this collection
- New South Wales, Electoral Rolls 1903-1935
- New South Wales, Index to Ratepayers & Occupiers 1885-1958
- New South Wales, Pastoral Possessions 1889
- New South Wales, Return of Crown Lands 1854
- New South Wales, Yewens Directory Landholders 1900
- New Zealand Electoral Rolls 1925
- New Zealand, A Return of the Freeholders 1882
- New Zealand, Electoral Rolls 1853-1935
- Northern Territory, Census 1881-1921
- Northern Territory, Electoral Rolls 1895-1940
- Queensland, Crown Land Sales 1842-1911
- Queensland, Electoral Roll 1939
- Queensland, Electoral Rolls 1860-1959
- Queensland, Land Records 1856-1859
- South Australia Landowners 1835-1841
- South Australia, Census 1841
- South Australia, Commonwealth Electoral Rolls 1939-1943
- Tasmania, Commonwealth Electoral Rolls 1934 &1943
- Victoria, Bendigo Electoral Roll 1922
- Victoria, Crown Land Licences 1853-1856
- Victoria, Electoral Rolls 1939 - 1946
- Victoria, Land Tax Register & Valuation 1888
- Victoria, World War One Soldier Settlers
- Western Australia, Electoral Rolls 1939-1949
CENSUS, LAND & SURVEY RECORDS
Using electoral rolls is an important part of the process for people researching family history. As enrolment is compulsory for all eligible voters (with the exception of Norfolk Island) there is a strong chance that a person can be located. Electoral rolls contain valuable information such as name, address, occupation and polling place. As census data is not always available, electoral rolls are certainly the next best thing to aid your search, and really are worth their weight in gold!
There's also a wide array of other records in this collection that are just as valuable. For example, The Crown Land Licences Victoria lists thousands of occupants of crown land licences. This very important historical and genealogical source also contains information such as name of licensee, name of run, quantity of land in each station, number of licenses charged for each station, license fee and amount of stock.
The Yewens Directory Landholders New South Wales is another extensive guide to over 70,000 landholders throughout NSW, by district and postal address. There is an introduction and summary to each district. It indicates for each landholder whether they are dairy farmers, graziers or agriculturalists and what crops are under cultivation.
Other useful record sets include The Land Tax Register & Valuation Victoria 1888 which contain tables of land tax registers with information such as owner name, address, valuation and class of land; or The Pastoral Possessions of New South Wales ,with information on areas of land owned.
Plus, there's much more to explore! Start searching now!