- World Records
- Full list of United Kingdom records
- Census, Land & Surveys
- 1821 Kent, Dartford census
Records in this collection
- 1790 Corfe Castle & District Census
- 1801 Kent, Dartford census
- 1821 Kent, Dartford census
- 1841 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1851 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1861 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1871 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1881 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1891 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census
- 1911 England & Wales Census
- 1939 Register
- 1939 Register Original Forms
- Boyd's inhabitants of London & family units, 1200-1946
- Cheshire Electoral Registers
- Cheshire Land Tax Assessments 1786-1832
- City of York deeds registers 1718-1866
- Devon, Plymouth & West Devon Electoral Registers 1780-1973
- Devon, Plymouth & West Devon Land Tax and Valuation Records 1897-1949
- England, Pollbooks and Directories 1830-1837
- Kent, Bromley Absent Voters List 1918
- Known missing places from 1939 Register
- London, Westminster Marylebone Census 1821 & 1831
- Norfolk Electoral Registers 1832-1915
- Northamptonshire Freeholders 1795-1797
- Northamptonshire Hearth Tax, 1674
- Rate Books
- UK Electoral Registers 2002-2014
- Wales, Monmouthshire Electoral Registers 1839-1889
- Westminster Roman Catholic Census 1893
Discover your ancestors who were listed in the 1821 census in Dartford, England. The records may reveal how many males and females of various age bands lived in your relative’s household, and possibly whether they were employed in agriculture, trade, manufacturing, or handicraft.
Each record comprises a transcript of the original census. The amount of information listed varies, but the records usually include a combination of the following information about your ancestor:
- First name(s)
- Last name
- Number employed in agriculture
- Number employed in trade, manufacturing, handicraft
- Number employed in other employment
- Number of males (of different age ranges)
- Number of females (of different age ranges)
The record set comprises over 610 records.
The census provides information on the number of people in each household in age bands of five years.
The population total provided is 3,578, comprising 1,807 males and 1,771 females.
The ‘Workhouse’ record lists all the men and women in every age group, from under five years up to 80 to 90 years old. In total, 88 inmates are listed; the age bands of girls and boys between five and ten years are the most heavily populated. No individual names are listed. None of the inmates are listed as being employed in agriculture or in trade manufactory handicrafts.
Dartford is the main town in the borough of Dartford in the county of Kent. The town of Dartford is 16 miles from central London and is situated on the border of Kent and Greater London. The Borough of Dartford is a local government district, which has been given borough status, in the far northwest of the county of Kent. The borough’s council is in Dartford.