- Speak to older family members - make sure you record the conversations, or note down what they tell you.
- Check the family home for photographs, letters, videos, certificates, and other material likely to offer clues.
- Create a picture of your family using any birth, marriage and death certificates you have access to.
- Order birth, marriage and death certificates to obtain more information and to progress further back in time.
- Consider joining a family history society, visit libraries and family history events, and sign up to our newsletter.
- Start exploring the millions of historical records on findmypast Australasia, search now.