Frequently asked questions
Current popular questions
- Can I order a paper copy of a birth (or marriage or death) certificate?
- How can I contact Findmypast?
- Why can't I login ...
- How do I save or print part of a newspaper page/ article?
- How do I search a census by address ?
- How do I search by maiden name?
- Certain records are timing out - the pages says to come back in 30 minutes
- Can I search the census using other family members
- Do you offer access for schools / libraries
- I can't find a specific record set that I used to search on the old site?
- I used to be able to search newspapers by individual years.
- Pages not displaying correctly/ boxes overlapping ....
- I can't activate my new subscription connected to my Times+ membership ...
- How can I search a census by reference?
- How do I search for marriages?
- How to search for children from a marriage ?
New Search Navigation
- The search pages look different ....
- I want to use the old search screens
- I can't see the usual camera/ button icons to click on at the right of the record results list
- Give us your feedback on our new search pages
- Can I search using parent names?
Getting started with your Family History research
- I've registered with Findmypast, now what do I do?
- I can't seem to go any further back in my family history
Payments and Subscriptions
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How do I update my card details for my next subscription payment ?
- I want to cancel my subscription / don't take my next payment....
- How do I cancel my free trial?
- How do I get a refund of my payment?
- How do I change my subscription?
- Why do you need my credit/ debit card details for a free trial?
- How does your payment appear on my credit/debit card statement?
- Where can I see my previous payments?
- I have a voucher / code - how can I use that?
- Do you provide a secure server for credit and debit card transactions?
- What are Pay As You Go credits?
- Can I buy vouchers ?
- I’m not currently using continuous / auto-renew membership. How do I opt-in?
- Getting started building your family tree
- Can I search other trees on Findmypast and share mine with other people?
- Can I make a copy of my tree/ export a gedcom file?
- I already have a gedcom/ digital copy of my family tree - can I upload it to Findmypast?
- How do I change the name of the family tree that I have created?
- How do I add photos to my tree?
- Viewing your family tree
- Can I add living relatives to my tree?
- How do I print my tree
- Delete a relative in the tree
- How can I delete my family tree?
- How do I start ?
- What records do you have available ?
- How do I search the records?
- Viewing records
- I can't find a record I am looking for ?
- Is there a list of site records?
- Is there more information available for the Napoleonic Wars?
Hints on your Family Tree
My Membership Details
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login ...
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership ?
- I don't want to receive mailings from you ...
- I want to delete my Findmypast account
Origins Customer Queries
Search over 1.5 billion records
Over 1.5 billion worldwide records
Government gazettes, electoral rolls, new exclusive records and more...
Across the pond and beyond
Collections from England, Ireland, Scotland and more...
Beyond names and dates
Discover the people in your family tree
Frequently Asked Questions
Please either select a question from the menu on the left or enter a search term below and click 'Search'.
If you're unable to find an answer to your question, please contact customer services here.