- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
by Rosemary Pearson
The mother, Emma Bundy had 5 sons go to war only 1 was killed at Fromelle which I attended the service. The youngest was taken off the boat due to being too young.
Emma's story is better - she was a widow, on the death of her son she recieved 1 shilling pension, then a lady said she was his girlfriend so the government changed it to 6pence.
My family had many in the war service, from the Boer War to current service. Husband died from Maralinga with the RAAF.
Just a little notice the Boer war records site has a vires that Africian one about winning money on there bogus lotto.