- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
William Henry Duncan
by Julia Duncan
My grandfather, Pte William Henry Duncan, was born in Brisbane in 1886. He enlisted in Mackay, Qld, Australia in 1915, and served with the 11th Depot Unit of Supply Australian Army Service Corps.
No doubt he was very close to being repatriated when he died of Spanish Influenza in France, 16 Feb 1919, leaving behind my grandmother, and my father, aged 9. He was 33 years old, and is buried at Les Baraques Military Cemetery, near Calais.
Photo of William Henry Duncan.