- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
An Anzac (with a difference) from King's Somborne
by Bob Vine
This is the story of my Grandfather, Sergeant Sydney John Vine MM who was born at Upper Brook, King’s Somborne, Hampshire, England on 7 November 1887. His resting place may be found in the Church of England Section, Karori Cemetery, Wellington, New Zealand; Plot 105 G CH ENG2 to be precise, He had died at Wellington Hospital on 8 July 1922 of Pneumonia, with his Service Records showing “Death due to war service”.
The story updates that published in The New Zealand Genealogist, March/April 2007.
Read the full story here .