We'll be updating this page regularly with the improvements we're making to findmypast, from small bug fixes to major new feature releases. Keep track of our progress here so that when we change something that matters to you, you'll know about it straight away.
For guidance on using our new site, visit our search help pages, or watch the video tutorials on our blog. We welcome your feedback, so please do get in touch with us via our Feedback Form and contribute to the development of findmypast.
Wednesday, 24th September
- As well as working on some larger and longer-term projects, over the last couple of months we have:
- Altered the default image of records, so they now fill the page and no longer need to be magnified
- Made it possible to attach records to family trees
- Made it possible to export for family tree as a GEDCOM, and to import GEDCOM files with photographs and images attached
- Updated and improved the design of our family trees
- Improved the layout of household transcriptions and altered them to print on one page
- Reintroduced address search in the 1911 Census for England and Wales
- Completed Welsh translations of some Welsh datasets. You can now choose to view certain Welsh parish record transcripts in Welsh
- Completed the search screen optimisation project for the UK
Thursday, 31st July
- Kinship calculator added to profile page for every person in a family tree
- World War 1 page launched.
Monday, 14th July
- As well as working on larger projects, in the last few weeks we have:
- Returned transcription error reporting to blank fields
- Made it possible to search census records by reference
- Made improvements to keyboard tabbing when using search forms
- Removed extraneous category columns in category search results
- Highlighted the person searched for in censuses with a different colour for clarity
- Made it possible for censuses to be searched by other household members
Thursday, 03rd July
- Enumerator summary pages have been added to the 1911 census. You can read more about this in our blog.
Wednesday, 18th June
- The address is now showing at the top of census household transcripts
- You can now report transcript errors for every missing field where there is an associated image
- As part of ongoing improvements to the census forms, the layout of census forms has been revised
Thursday, 5th June
- Removed the 'search all records' bar from our collections and partner pages
- You can now search non-indexed BMDs.
- Marriage Finder will now suggest spouse names in England & Wales Civil Marriages
- You can now print British newspaper images
- The individual searched for in a census is now highlighted in the household transcript
Tuesday, 20th May
- You can now download British newspaper pages
Friday, 16th May
- Added the ability to browse Lincolnshire parish registers
Tuesday, 13th May
- Census household transcript will enable you to now:
- Print transcriptions for the household as well as for individuals
- View information about the person you searched for separately and also in the household transcript
- View additional fields about the people in the household transcript – condition (married, widowed etc.), occupation and birth place
- Improved search form behaviour when tabbing between fields
- Fixed issues being able to view images on an iPad
- Fixed an issue for Internet Explorer users unable to load images
Friday, 2nd May
- You can now delete records from "My Records", both individual and in groups
- Census household transcriptions now display in the same order as they were transcribed
- The site will display more reliably when using Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11
We will continue to provide information on improvements to the site as they roll out to all customers.
See the features we're currently working on, and the new developments you can expect to see soon. For a comprehensive view of what other users are requesting, our plans for future features, and to give us your own feedback, please visit our Feedback Form.