Loxtons Medical Directory 1911
The Loxton's Medical Directory is similar to Bruck's, but is a lot more comprehensive in many areas, as well as including many extra features unique to this publication. Primarily covering all Australian States, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, you will not only find a listing of all registered doctors, together with their current placement, but also statistics of operations at all major hospitals.
The gazetteer in this directory is very extensive, and would enable a doctor to gain a clear picture of what his town of destination would be like, as the major facilities are listed together with the town's population and the climate for various times of the year.
It contains information including the following:
- Laws applicable to the medical profession
- A directory of medical associations and departments (giving names and addresses)
- Information regarding medical courses and university regulations
- Medical Acts
- Medical fees
- A complete directory of registered doctors
- Surgeons etc listing their qualifications and past experience
- Obituaries as well as relevant geographical information for the different states
- A general gazetteer and local directory for several country towns
- Lists of medical periodicals