I’m not a subscriber to FMP, how can I request the opening of an officially closed record?


If you are not a Findmypast subscriber, please contact The National Archives to request a search of closed records within the 1939 Registers.

If your request is successful, we will receive notification and instruction directly from The National Archives to open the record. 

For more information about the record opening service we provide to Findmypast subscribers, please click here

Search FAQ's for more answers

If this doesn't answer your question, enter a search term below and click 'Search'.

Or contact customer services here.