- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
by Debra Talbot
Peter Lafranchi was born 21st June 1888 in the Lafranchi Homestead at Deep Creek in Victoria Australia.
Peter was the 9th child of Giulio Battista Lafranchi who travelled from Switzerland for the Gold Rush and Ann Bridget Phelan, born of Irish parents in Geelong Victoria.
Peter joined the Australian Imperial Force on 12th January 1916. He was in the 22nd Battalion and was KIA in France 3rd May 1917. Peter Lafranchi is remembered with Honour at Villers-Bretonneux Memorial.
His body never found.
Photo of Peter Lafranchi.