- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
Brothers, Eric and Max Green
by Cheryl Green
These are photos of my Uncles in WW2. My Uncle Eric was a prisoner of war, he died in a POW camp and is buried at Kanachanaburi in Thailand.
I’m planning a trip to Thailand to see his grave and the Bridge he helped with also Hellfire. He is actually my favourite Uncle. I wasn’t born til 40 years later though, I think it’s because I have found so much information on him. Max and Eric are brothers.
The photo below is Uncle Eric who died in a prisoner of war camp.