- Search Military records Find your ancestors in our military collection
- Browse Memory BankRead the stories in the findmypast memory bank
- History of Anzac Day Find out more on the origins of Anzac Day
- Military History Articles Read articles by Military experts
- Boer War Learn more about the Boer War
- First World War Learn more about World War I
- Second World War Learn more about World War II
- Korean War Learn more about the Korean War
- Vietnam War Learn more about the Vietnam War
- Photos View wartime photos
- Videos Watch videos on the wars
- Free Digital Magazine Download the findmypast and Inside History Magazine
- Ask an Expert Send in your questions for our experts
- Blog Read our blog and stay up to date
- Inside History Magazine Read about our partner in this project
Albert George Clifford
by Doug Clifford
My Great-uncle, Albert George CLIFFORD (paternal grand-father's side) was killed at Mouquet Farm, near Poitiers.
His remains were not found but his name is inscribed on the wall at Villers-Bretoneux, and he is mentioned in Bean's War History. He also won the Military Cross.
Another great-uncle, William WILLIAMS (paternal grand-mother's side) was killed at Lone Pine Gallipoli and is buried there.