New burial, army and knighthood records are online and ready to search
Where will your past take you this week? A London cemetery? Back to World War 2? Or maybe there's a knight in the family you've yet to discover.
These detail-rich records cover casualties during and after World War 2. You’ll uncover information on their injuries, next of kin and more.
Is your ancestor buried in London? This vast collection has grown again with thousands of new additions from Southwark and Chiswick.
We've released records from:
- Chiswick, 1856-1866
- Southwark, St George the Martyr Workhouse, 1835-1874
- Southwark, St Olave, 1848-1866
This ever-growing resource now contains over 2 million records. Check the parish list to see which cemeteries feature and the timeframes they cover.
We’ve updated this collection of notable knights and dames with the latest entries from the Queen’s Honours lists.
Lewis Hamilton was knighted by the Queen in the latest New Year Honours list. But what’s hidden in his family tree?
We found connections to the Merchant Navy, criminal ancestors and more.
With 13 new titles and updates to 26 more, our newspaper collection continues to expand. Latest arrivals include:
- British Miner and General Newsman covering 1862-1867
- Cannock Chase Examiner covering 1874-1877
- Forest of Dean Examiner covering 1874-1877
- Glasgow Chronicle covering 1844-1848 and 1850-1857
- Lancaster Herald and Town and County Advertiser covering 1831-1832
- Liverpool Journal of Commerce covering 1872, 1874-1877, 1879-1881, 1884-1885, 1910-1915, 1918-1920, 1922-1924, 1926, 1928-1929, 1931, 1935 and 1939-1940
- Manchester Examiner covering 1846-1848
- Nuneaton Times covering 1875
- Preston Pilot covering 1842, 1877 and 1879
- South Staffordshire Examiner covering 1874
- Stalybridge Examiner covering 1876
- Stockton Examiner and South Durham and North Yorkshire Herald covering 1878-1879
- Stretford and Urmston Examiner covering 1879-1880
And we've added extra pages to:
- Atherstone, Nuneaton, and Warwickshire Times from 1879
- Barrow Herald and Furness Advertiser from 1863-1873 and 1876-1879
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald from 1874-1879
- Blandford and Wimborne Telegram from 1874-1879
- Bridport, Beaminster, and Lyme Regis Telegram from 1865 and 1877-1878
- Central Glamorgan Gazette from 1866-1879
- Cradley Heath & Stourbridge Observer from 1864-1880
- Darlington & Richmond Herald from 1867-1879
- Denton and Haughton Examiner from 1874-1879
- Dewsbury Chronicle and West Riding Advertiser from 1869-1879
- Dorset County Express and Agricultural Gazette from 1858-1879
- Glasgow Courier from 1844-1848, 1850, 1853-1855, 1857-1864 and 1866
- Kenilworth Advertiser from 1869-1873, 1877-1879
- Midland Examiner and Wolverhampton Times from 1874-1878
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1860-1862, 1865, 1868-1879, 1911 and 1917
- Pontypridd District Herald from 1878-1879
- Poole Telegram from 1879
- Potteries Examiner from 1871-1874 and 1876-1879
- Runcorn Examiner from 1870, 1874-1877, 1879 and 1892
- Shropshire Examiner from 1874 and 1876-1877
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser from 1858-1866, 1868-1876 and 1879
- Swansea and Glamorgan Herald from 1847-1867, 1870-1872, 1874-1879, 1886-1888 and 1890
- Tamworth Miners’ Examiner and Working Men’s Journal from 1873 and 1875-1876
- Warrington Examiner from 1869 and 1876-1879
- Weymouth Telegram from 1860-1871, 1873, 1875 and 1877-1878
- Widnes Examiner from 1876-1877
Findmypast Fridays live
Fascinated by old photos? Don’t miss our upcoming release. Hundreds of thousands of captivating snaps from yesteryear will enrich your family, local and house history research.