New family records you won’t find elsewhere and your new-look family tree
With new and exclusive records and newspapers and exciting updates to our family tree builder, Christmas has come early to Findmypast.
The festive season is all about family. So we're helping you find yours with brand new records, newspapers and family tree features. Here's what's new this week at Findmypast.
Only available online at Findmypast, explore a pivotal era in Northern Ireland’s history with these brand new directories. Year-by-year, they can help you discover names, addresses and occupations from Belfast and beyond.
Covering 1890-1947, these directories chart the transformation of Northern Ireland and the province of Ulster as the Irish Free State was formed. They were published by the Belfast Newsletter to showcase the city's industrial excellence.
We’ve added over 42,000 records to this unique collection. Use them to uncover details on Sussex births, marriages, deaths and more.
The new additions date from 1865 to 1874 and have been extracted from Eastbourne Chronicle by our partners in Eastbourne & District Family History Society. They're a must-search if you've got family roots in the region.
Essential for tracing Nottinghamshire relatives, we’ve grown this collection with over 98,000 new and exclusive records, spanning from 1628-1904.
We've released new records from 80 parishes across Nottinghamshire. Check the parish list for full details on the latest additions.
Trace Nottinghamshire family from cradle to grave with over 66,000 additional burial records.
The new arrivals cover 73 parishes and over 360 years of Nottinghamshire history from 1542-1905. What's more, you won’t find these records on any other family history site.
This week, we've released over 84,000 new newspaper pages, comprising five brand new publications and substantial updates to seven others. Brand new to the site are:
- East Kent Times and Mail covering 1866-1871, 1873, 1875-1891, 1893-1900, 1902, 1904-1932, 1935, 1937-1940, 1942-1943, 1946-1948, 1951-1952, 1956-1961 and 1964-1967
- Northern Weekly Gazette covering 1884-1889
- Bridlington and Quay Gazette covering 1884 and 1886-1889
- Atherstone, Nuneaton, and Warwickshire Times covering 1882
- Brighouse & Rastrick Gazette covering 1881 and 1889
While we've added more pages to these seven papers:
- Leicester Evening Mail from 1960
- Reynolds’s Newspaper from 1912-1929 and 1934-1936
- Runcorn Examiner from 1881, 1885, 1887, 1894-1895, 1900, 1902, 1905, 1912 and 1918-1919
- St. Helens Examiner from 1884, 1890 and 1894-1895
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald from 1889
- Widnes Examiner from 1887 and 1915
- Warrington Examiner from 1881, 1899-1902 and 1909
Brand new site features
Have you noticed your Findmypast family tree looking a little different lately? We're excited to bring you your new-look family tree builder, based on extensive feedback from our community.
New features include improved navigation and the ability to view more generations at once. Visit your family tree today or read our go-to guide to find out more.
Findmypast Fridays live
Fridays Live December 18th
Join Alex for this week's festive themed edition of Fridays Live. In our last Friday broadcast of 2020, we will be taking a look at our latest record releases, recent updates to the Findmypast Family Tree and some jolly slices of history from Christmases past. QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What Christmas traditions have been passed down through your family?Posted by Findmypast on Friday, December 18, 2020