More exclusive parish registers now online
1-2 minute read
By Niall Cullen
Hundreds of thousands of new Scottish Catholic records are ready to search. Plus, we've just published the record release chosen by you.
We’ve grown this collection with hundreds of thousands of new baptism, marriage, burial and congregational registers. What’s more, you won’t find them anywhere else online.
- Over 307,000 new Scotland Roman Catholic Parish Baptisms
- Over 158,000 new Scotland Roman Catholic Parish Marriages
- Over 15,000 new Scotland Roman Catholic Parish Burials
- Over 164,000 new Scotland Roman Catholic Parish Congregational Records
Most of the records in this latest update come from the Glasgow region. Visit the parish list for precise details on the churches and timeframes covered.
Only on Findmypast, the Catholic Heritage Archive has unlocked a whole new world of family discoveries. Alongside our Scottish collection, you can explore exclusive records from dioceses across England, Ireland and America.
Chosen by you in last week’s community poll, we’ve added more records to this rich resource. It’s a must-search for anyone with Yorkshire roots.
Almost half of my known ancestors since the 1700s were in Yorkshire. Some of the best Yorkshire records I've found online are at https://t.co/Pc4GRTwpdX, https://t.co/TAsAXl6u1S & https://t.co/Nfs822MOP1. Thanks @findmypast . #Genealogy #FamilyHistory #Yorkshire https://t.co/TDFx9UxsZj— Judy Webster (@JudyQld) August 1, 2019
This detailed record set continues to grow in partnership with the Family History Federation and local family history societies across Yorkshire. The records can reveal essential information about your Yorkshire relatives' lives and deaths. See which parishes' collections have expanded and the years spanned on this handy list.
Five English and Irish newspapers are brand new to the site this week, along with updates to 11 other publications. Online for the first time are:
While we've supplemented the following papers with additional pages:
- Beverley Independent from 1888-1893, 1895-1896 and 1898-1911
- Englishman’s Overland Mail from 1906
- Glossop-dale Chronicle and North Derbyshire Reporter from 1895-1896, 1898-1910 and 1913
- Halifax Comet from 1895
- Lynn Advertiser from 1926-1928
- Middleton Albion from 1857-1867 and 1869-1880
- Pontefract Advertiser from 1865, 1873 and 1889
- Swindon Advertiser from 1900
- Torquay Times, and South Devon Advertiser from 1934-1949 and 1951-1961
- Weekly Journal (Hartlepool) from 1907-1908
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser from 1983-1990