There's only one thing better than a host of brand new family records - being able to explore them anywhere, any time with the Findmypast app.
Findmypast is still the only family history site to bring you brand new records every week. Along with new and exclusive life events, school registers and newspapers, this week we're also announcing an exciting update to our free mobile app. Read on for all the details on what’s new.
We've added almost 32,000 records to this exclusive collection. Covering 48 Yorkshire parishes, these records can reveal fascinating details for your family tree including:
- Your ancestors’ names
- Their ages
- Their birth and death years
- Their memorial location and description
- The inscription on their memorial
Check the parish list for details of the parishes that have been added and the time frames they cover. These latest additions have been provided by our partners at Calderdale Family History Society and City of York & District Family History Society and you won't find them anywhere else online.
This collection of records has been updated with over 60,000 additions from 7 Derbyshire parishes. Burial records provide poignant details on the lives and deaths of your ancestors including:
- Their names
- Their birth, death and burial dates
- Their ages when they died
- Where they were buried
- Their religious denominations
The parishes and years included in this update are:
- Belper Cemetery, 1859-1898
- Brimington Cemetery, 1878-1994
- Buxton Cemetery, 1896-2011
- Crosshill, Condor & Loscoes Cemetery, 1876-1994
- Glossop Cemetery, 1859-2011
- Hope Cemetery, 1835-2017
- New Mills, Thornset Cemetery, 1994-2011
Over 7,000 exclusive admission registers from two schools have been added to this colourful collection. These records can reveal details about your ancestors’ childhoods that you won't find anywhere else, including:
- Their names, ages and dates of birth
- The name of the school they attended
- When they started school
- Their parents' names
Provided by our partners at North West Kent Family History Society, the new additions come from Stone, The Brent School (1894-1920) and St Mary Cray School (1867-1920).
We’ve just released millions of civil birth, marriage and death records from Lima, the capital city of Peru. Spanning over 120 years, each collection includes a dedicated search page making it easier to narrow down the record you're looking for:
Brought to you in partnership with FamilySearch, these milestone resources are essential for anyone with Peruvian heritage.
Our newspaper collection continues to grow with the addition of 12 brand new titles, along with updates to 14 existing titles. New to the site are:
- Manchester & Salford Advertiser covering 1837-1840, and 1842
- Hampshire Independent covering 1837, 1842-1843, 1845-1846, 1848-1852, 1858-1878, 1880-1882, 1884-1885, 1888-1895, 1898-1900, 1903-1905, 1908-1910, 1912-1918, and 1920-1923
- Clonmel Chronicle covering 1848-1880, and 1882-1896
- Jersey Evening Post covering 1899, 1902-1903, and 1905-1909
- Sunday Illustrated covering 1921-1923
- Cox’s Legal Circular covering 1916
- Docks’ Gazette covering 1920
- On the March covering 1920
- The War covering 1915
- Prohibitionist covering 1917-1918
- Chester-le-Street Chronicle and District Advertiser covering 1913-1923, and 1929-1940
- Kilkenny Moderator covering 1828-1831, 1833-1840, 1849-1851, 1881, and 1900-1902
Meanwhile, we've updated:
- Merthyr Express with pages from 1946, 1948, and 1952-1953
- Westmeath Guardian and Longford News-Letter with pages from 1841-1851, 1853-1860, and 1862-1896
- Richmond & Ripon Chronicle with pages from 1857, 1859, and 1889
- Scarborough Gazette with pages from 1856, and 1884
- Leinster Reporter with pages from 1878, and 1880
- Wakefield Express with pages from 1862
- Saint James’s Chronicle with pages from 1851-1866
- Baldwin’s London Weekly Journal with pages from 1803, 1807, 1809, 1812, 1817-1820, and 1822-1836
- Cannock Chase Courier with pages from 1914-1928
- Midland Counties Advertiser with pages from 1882
- Lynn Advertiser with pages from 1891-1909, and 1911-1912
- Meath Herald and Cavan Advertiser with pages from 1854-1856
- Lisburn Standard with pages from 1878, and 1884-1885
- Sligo Independent with pages from 1856, 1860-1869, and 1920-1924
Major app-date: record searching is now live
Good news: you can now search for records from the Findmypast app. You can also filter and sort the results and with a paid subscription, view transcripts and images to print or download.
To use this feature, download the app (or update date it if you already have it) and you’ll see a search magnifying glass at the bottom of your screen. You can find out more about the free Findmypast mobile app and all its great features here.
Findmypast Fridays live
Friday's Live July 10th
Join Alex for this week’s special live broadcast. To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, Alex is joined by special guest, Commonwealth War Graves Commission historian Lynelle Howson, for a discussion around the commission’s history, work and records. Alex and Lynelle will also be taking questions from the audience so feel free to leave yours in the comments. Tune in live, today (Friday 10 July) at 4pm BST. QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Did any of your ancestors give their lives for their country?Posted by Findmypast on Friday, July 10, 2020
Have our family records or handy tools and features helped you understand your past and shape your future? We'd love to hear your stories and discoveries. Reach out to us on social media using #FindmypastFeatured.