Brands Directory South Australia 1936 Sheep
If your ancestors in South Australia owned sheep then consider searching the Brands Directories for more information. These are a unique, useful source for family historians. Local historians will also find them a great resource, with the ability to easily reconstruct lists of stock owners in their region.
A sheep brand is a unique symbol or combination of symbols and/or letters to identify who the animal/s belonged to.
You will find the following information in these records:
- An image of the brand registered
- Certificate number
- Former brands
- Name of proprietor
- Run where the brand is to be used (address)
- Nearest post town to the run
This volume is divided into three sections:
- Sheep brands
- Sheep earmarks and firebrands
- Alphabetical list of names of owners