Queensland Brands Directory 1920-1921
If your ancestors in Queensland owned horses or cattle then consider searching the Brands Directories for more information. These are a unique, but incredibly useful source for genealogical information, when looking for those who had stock.
Those who had horses or cattle, branded them with a unique symbol and/or letters. This identified who the animal/s belonged to. This large volume contains many tens of thousands of such brands for those in Queensland from 1920 to 1921.
You will find the following information in these records:
- An image of the brand registered
- Earmark registered
- Cheek brand, or symbol
- Name of owner
- Address of owner
- Certificate number (in some cases)
They are divided into several sections including:
- Instructions and rules of branding
- List of brands registered to public pounds and government departments
- Lists of brands separated into brand structure: i.e. letters, numbers, symbols and their combinations etc.
- Lists of brands that have also been registered in New South Wales
- Alphabetical list of names of owners
The sections are divided into types of brands and are ordered alphabetically or numerically for easy searching.