You can see the different types of Records held on the Site for free; however, to access and view most Records or use certain features of the Site, you will need to register with the Site and purchase Credits or a Subscription or use Micropayments or use a voucher.
You may also take a 14-day free trial subject to the relevant provision of these Terms - see further below.
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets any necessary technical and compatibility specifications to enable you to access and use the Site. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and comply with them.
You may use Credits, Micropayments or a Subscription on the Site for your own personal use, for example to research your family history. You may also assist friends and family with their family history by telling people about the Records available on the Site and how and where they can be found. However, please note our terms below in relation to the use of your login details.
Aside from our advertisers who may display their advertisements in accordance with our terms and conditions of advertising on our Site, you may only use the Site for non-commercial and private professional use (as a self-employed, sole trading Genealogist) and only in accordance with these terms and conditions. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to our terms, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts, or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed before you access the relevant features, parts, or content.
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to
- store pages of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by (i) systematically downloading and storing all or any of the pages of the Site or (ii) by screen scraping, framing, caching, data extraction or programmatic access whether by robot, spider, or otherwise or (iii) by printing pages of the Site in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a database in hard copy form;
- collect or harvest personally identifiable information from the Site;
- remove or change any legal notices or other content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted;
- use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- use the Site to knowingly transmit any data, send, or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to our site or circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with our security-related features;
- reproduce, copy, distribute, publicly display, or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of these terms and conditions;
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent;
- modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Site or parts of the Site or create derivative works from the Site;
- use the Site for any business, commercial, or public purpose, except when you have purchased a corporate subscription.
We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission granted without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our group companies and affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms and conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made in breach of these terms.